Valentine's Background

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Not the finest (but longest) two minutes of my life...

Today I went to the mall with my friend, Erin. Madelynn was napping in her stroller. She's on a pretty set 3 hour feeding schedule and I knew she'd be hungry when she woke up. Madelynn seriously goes from zero to "I'M STARVING YOU BETTER FEED ME RIGHT NOW!!!" with the flip of a switch (hence the strict 3 hour feeding schedule).

Well she started to stir, and wake up so I went to the family restroom to change her then I planned to get her bottle ready. And guess what happend after I changed her and started to go to the bathroom myslef? As soon as I sat on the toilet she started SCREAMING. Loud, like I was beating her. I'm hurrying up trying to get my pants pulled back up as fast as I possibly can(sorry TMI).

All of the sudden some lady starts banging on the door, trying to open it and yelling, what's going on in there, is everything okay? I yell everythings fine. I'm trying to wash my hands as quickly as possible. I decide to get her bottle ready in the bathroom (gross, I know) instead of going back to the table like I had originally planned.

Meanwhile Madee is still SCREAMING!!!! The lady comes and tries to open the door again and starts yelling do you need help and again banging on the door trying to open it (making Madee more upset). I say no, we're fine, pop the bottle in her mouth and start to head out the door.

Well, this lady actually got security! I come walking out and the mall security guy is standing there with her. I explained what happend and the lady is all panicked and grabbing her chest, breathing hard. Mall security guy just walks right off. The lady apologizes to me, but you could tell she was still concerned. She stuck around for a few minutes (I think trying to gage if I was lying or not). I told her there was no need to apologize, that I appreciated her concern and I would be concerned if I heard a baby crying that hard too. But, really my DD was fine, just hungry and upset because the bottle wasn't immediately ready for her. Finally, I think I convinced the lady that I seriously am not a bad mom, I just have a VERY sensative daughter. Uggg. It was not a fun time to say the least.

1 comment:

  1. OMG you poor thing!!!!!!

    Call me when you get a chance!!!!

    ReplyDelete