I feel so blessed that Madee adjusted to her little brother so well. Right off the bat she fell in love with him. She was excited from day one. One of her first words was "Bubba". We never intended to call him that, but it quickly developed into his name. He's Bubba!
He is now able to bathe with Madee. I am so grateful for this! But, honestly, I think Madee is more grateful. Every night after dinner I ask her "Are you ready for a bath-bath?" Every night she points at m and says "Bubba?" I say, "You want Bubba to take a bath with you?" Every time she smiles and nods yes.
Tonight I was just filled with love watching the two of them together. When m is not in the tub Madee takes over the entire tub with her pretend play. But, when Bubba's with her she's very gentle. She mostly sits and plays while he's in the bath. Tonight she sat with him and just talked to him. She was so animated, because she realized he was beginning to talk back. She was smiling and getting close to him, leaning down so they were face to face and just talking away. (Those of you who know Madee personally know that she has her own special language, which Steve refers to as "Madarin"). Her Bubba couldn't get enough of it. He was smiling and babbling right back. It was so freaking cute!
Later after she made some water for herself to drink, she made sure to share it with Bubba. She also gave him some toys to play with. She "washed" his hair and his body for him. She's such a little caretaker. She's not even 2!
Before m was born I sometimes felt so bad that I was having another baby so soon and taking away from Madelynn's alone time with mommy and daddy. Someone told me that I'm giving her the gift of a sibling. I knew she was right. Now that I see it first hand, it just reaffirms it, every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment