What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everthing its value. ~Thomas Paine
Valentine's Background
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Well, I Did It
I let m sleep on his stomach last night. And it worked like a charm. He slept from 8:30 to 2:30. Woke up, fed a ton, then slept until 7:30. He normally wakes up 4-5 times a night!! He hasn't slept for longer than 3 hours since he was a newborn. He and I are both in the best moods today. I did spend the first sleeping session checking the monitor every 2 minutes and had a terrible time falling asleep. But, once I did (after his 2:30 feeding) I slept GREAT! I haven't felt this good in a long time. m seems to be feeling the same way. I guess I'm going to have to let go of my fears and let him sleep the way he likes best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I had the same problem with Daisy waking up many times at night. My solution was moving her to her own room. Then she only woke up once to eat & went back to sleep. I think we were waking eachother up when we slept together. Now what a difference! Wish I would have moved her sooner!
ReplyDeleteSadie slept better when I started putting her in her room too. Now she sleeps about 4-6 hours before she wakes up for her middle of the night feeding and then wakes up at 6:30am. She had a few spectacular nights when she slept 8 hours!!! The two nights she did that I had topped her off with a few ounces of formula after nursing. It seemed to work. We also have a habbit of letting her fall asleep in her swing and then I move her to her crib after she has been sleeping for about an hour. Im trying to break that habbit. I guess every baby is different and you just have to do what works for them and you to get some sleep. - Katie L.
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies! I know for a fact that we're waking him up. Steve snores like you wouldn't believe and I've watched Mason wake up from it. Madee spolied us. She slept 12 hours a night, even in our room, when I was nursing. Mason just doesn't do that. I just moved him into his crib this week (he's been in a bassinet or co-sleeping). I wanted to get him used to his crib before I moved him into his room. At this rate, I'm expecting to do that this weekend. I'm hoping for some good nights of sleep after that!!!
ReplyDelete